Sunday, January 9, 2011

Responding to comments

Quilt tops
I love making blocks - pieced or appliqué, embroidered or cross stitched. It's certain putting together that I dread. It's the dreading that puts off the favorite part, as we agree, the quilting.

Please do send those swatches! I'm looking forward to making another tag, too.

Permanent resident? Eh.. not
I like the term they use here - indefinite resident - "lasting for an unknown length of time". This essentially means that as long as I desire to live here, I can stay. This staying is the only effort I must make toward maintaining this status. It's a little like living, wouldn't you say?

This too shall pass
You know, I don't eat sushi anymore? Too bad but the last two times I did, I got these terrible, killing abdominal pains (I almost went ER). I have no idea if it was the fish, the seaweed, or what but it's enough to keep me sane - I haven't had a hankering for the fish ever since. It's amazing what the promise of pain can do to curb one's once cherished desires.

Finally...
Thuis means Home. And check out a few new photos on flicker account (peek right).

Ciao for now!

1 comment:

  1. no sushi :( that just makes me sad. but agreed, stomach pain is way not worth it. i have a few foods here and there that are the same.

    as far as doing things that you ultimately enjoy [the result of] but dread getting started... i'm finding that if i promise i'll only do 15 minutes of whatever it is, i get over the dread hump and make good progress. or, i get a lot done in the 15 minutes and then can move on just fine.

    xo

    ReplyDelete