Tuesday, November 23, 2010

A brief Maltese experience

Photos from my trip to Malta begin with one of the last, me posing with Elizabeth Taylor (no kidding) and the horsey sculpture that she adored, for reasons known only to her. The sculpture lay in between two staircases which lead directly to the entrance of the hall where our conference was held.
Link
I became acquainted with Liz, British now living mostly-single in Tuscany, as a result of our mutual acquaintance, Marcia Schafer, a career consultant who lives and works in Arizona and thereabouts. (Truly a marvelous world of interconnections is available to us these days!) Anyway, Marcia invited us both to the conference, entitled "A positive outcome for 2012", hosted by a marvelous Maltese crew of mostly females, for which Marcia was a speaker and workshop host. Unfortunately, I didn't get a snapshot of us three together. Doh! Oh, well. Maybe next time.

Here are a few photos of the landscape, shot from may room at the Grand Excelsior Hotel in Valletta. From there, you can see a bit of ancient sites and sea. It was a romantic sight at night.



Phil Gruber, another of the speakers at the conference and one of my favorites. He was a gas to be around. As you can see, we hit it off.

And there were so many more reflective people like Phil and Liz at the conference - from Europe and America. But I was determined to be more focused on experiencing the week than capturing it on virtual film. Thus, no more photos of other new pals met and made.

Below, is the Mosta Perish Church. The architecture and interior paintings were breathtaking.





As is true of domed structures built in this way around the globe, you can feel the energy of this site while standing directly beneath the opening at the top of the dome. There is such amazing power to be given and received on this earth - this is only one such structure that enables awareness through experience of this fact. Want to see more photos of this church?

Well, I'm sure you've enjoyed seeing my travels around the world and closer to home. Every day, my home is truly becoming more and more where my heart is. And one can travel nowhere without it - perhaps that's what Dorothy figured out in the end.

Snowing
It's begun to snow here in Eindhoven. This is the earliest delivery of snow I've seen since I began arriving here five years ago. It's gently falling but already seeming to accumulate quickly. Power up the scootmobiel!

4 comments:

  1. Wow what an adventure! Love the shot of the dome in the church - amazing. I'd love to hear more about how the conference went, I bet that was amazing. Nice hotel too - SWanky!!! I bet it is lovely with the snow falling out your window. This morning it's grey and overcast outside, rain sometime today and tomorrow. I am under the weather (no pun intended) and just made a big pot of the loose leaf tea you gave me. It smells wonderful and is helping my throat - makes me think of the fun we all had visiting you :) Hey I feel better already! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, forgot to mention what the conference was like. At first I thought, "what am I doing here with all these new age wackos! Then I thought, 'hey, wait. I AM one of those wackos." Talk about coming face to face with yourself. I guess that's when you know you've 'found yourself'.
    You can read more about the conference online. I'm sure the info is still there. My favorite presentation by Colin Andrews, the top expert on crop circles, a topic I still love most of all: a combination of nature, farming 'landscape' and graphic 'art' with the mystery of 'ETs' and questions of 'deeper life meaning'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go to so many beautiful places. So many fabulous things you have experienced. You are amazing!
    I'm not ready for snow here YET. You enjoy it!!
    Love & Prayers Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful place! I'm so thrilled (and jealous) that you have such marvelous opportunities to travel and live your life. And I don't mind cold weather as long as there's snow involved. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete