Friday, August 20, 2010

Silent lake

One great surprise pleasure of this trip was my 4-day adventure in stillness at the cabin of my friend Zora in Turtletown, TN. She and her family live in a beautiful home across the lake which is where we are pictured above. I met Zora years ago during my Grace period, through the "swap gals" gatherings. She's an amazing chick.

This has to be the most "still" place I've ever been in my life (besides that time I was paralyzed in hospital). The lake is a community one, homes all around yet no motorboats allowed, only ones with trolling motors. No cars for miles. Just green leaves blowing in the wind, birdsong and the occasional flutter of butterfly wings. Deafening!

So, I did a lot of reading, meditating, massage session with Zora, and enjoying of scenery. I would definitely recommend to anyone interested in amazing energy, and stillness in a comfortable, lakeside setting to rent Zora's place. Just two hour drive (I think) from Shiela's place.


The deck on Zora's house in Turtletown and the entrance to Campbell Cove Lake community.


I got a bit of use out of this rocker on the deck facing the lake. Below deck, a pretty water barrel. I just love those things.


Room off the back deck overlooking the lake. I didn't get to experience waking up in this space butt I imagined it tot be heavenly.


Some plants placed just so outside the entrance, and the living space inside where I did most of my 'being'.


View from the back deck. Ain't that a cool gong? Unfortunately, I wasn't able to walk that beautifully laid path down to the water's edge or swing. Nice view, anyway.



Pal Zora on the bridge at Olympic Whitewater Center. Huge parking lots. Ay, Lord!

3 comments:

  1. That place looks FAANNTASTIC...Wish I could be there right NOW...Could use a STILL place. Zora sounds like a dream come true.
    Love & Prayers
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I can see it's been far too long since I've visited your blog. You've got a new blog face and you've been on a Tour de States. I hope you're having a great time and I am totally jealous of that lake cabin stay. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete