Saturday, August 21, 2010

Mary and Harry had a guest

Mary at the grill as the RFD Southside Gathering commences.

The last part of my US visit took place at the home of Mary and Harry. Harry had grown like a string bean since I last saw him and Mary has become even more a mom. It was great being witness to this and being accomodated in their home again. Fortunately, they were able to accommodate me an extra day when I was unable to fly out on my original departure date. Thanks, Mary!


Darrin and Andrew at the party - great pic! And the crowd gathered around the Toy Story fire I think.


As children will, they made their own fun, being dragged by adult feet. Here, Ellen has a go. Josie goes blue licking icing. Atta girl!


I was able to have dinner with Shiela and Adrian on my way from Tennessee to Georgia. Had quite a little adventure with Adrian beforehand - trying to find a store - and going to see the movie Oceans, which was beautifully done. Also, Mary and Harry at the pool.


Mary and Adrian's Dad dries some tears on Father's Day. And the crowd visits at the kitchen counter before an amazing dinner is served.


Thankfully, I got a chance to visit with the swap gals! Here we are pictured around the table at Rise and Dine located in Emory Village. Most hadn't been there before and were glad to try it. I'd been there only once before, with my former work colleague, Katie.

Well, that's the end of that trip. And today I begin another one - to Saou, France. Nico and I are catching the next big white van outta town. Zzzzzz... 10 hours, at least, from here to there. One hour at a time and not much to do but enjoy the scenery.

Glad you've enjoyed the flurry of posts. It will probably be two weeks, at least, before I'm able to post again. Hugs and thanks for all the comments!

4 comments:

  1. Have enjoyed catching up on your last vacation...Hope next one is as fun or maybe funner...
    Love & Prayers Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear about your trip to France too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FRANCE?!?!?!?!!!!! Dislike. Dislike. Dislike. (FYI-- That's "dislike" because I don't like that I don't get to come, too. Not "dislike" because I don't like France. Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, I know that dark-haired girl in picture number six!

    ReplyDelete