Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Gram and me enjoying Sunday afternoon lawn sitting. Binoculars to get a better view of lawn wildlife - rabbits and purple martins.

What does one have better to do on a breezy Sunday afternoon than to be out in it with Grandma, curious beagle pup and backyard Nature? Nothing, I say. We watched loads of martins competing with sparrows for space, flying in and out of their summer homes high aloft the training fields. Here, Dad uses a wild rabbit caught in trap to get an early start on training his yearling pup.

Before this outing, I enjoyed church with my Gram in Marion and a delicious roast dinner prepared by my mom. Mom also made angel food cake for desert which I had later in the afternoon.

Later, I phoned Jen and Gary who invited me to dinner and drinks on their deck. It was nice catching up, still nice weather, though I had put on longer pants against the chill. Jordan was in true Jordan form and I marveled at how she had grown in a year.



The next day, June 7, we enjoyed a visit from the Nixons plus Vi and Pauline. Linda and Dick came late morning, just before lunchtime and we had a nice visit out under the walnut tree. That seems to have been the place to visit.

They came back around 6pm for dinner. Mom spent time making quite a delicious spread: shredded Italian chicken and slow-roasted pork BBQ. Gram delivered a delectable hashbrown casserole as well. We all had a nice visit but way too short. Regardless, I was pooped and went to bed early.

3 comments:

  1. Family time is so Great!
    Love & Prayers
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I red your blog and I get all hungry - you eat well in Illinois! Sounds lovely… the visit the food the fellowship - nice :)
    Love ya,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to love sitting with my grandparents out under their humongous oak tree. The neighbors would wander over periodically and join us. I'm glad you got to have a good time with your family!

    ReplyDelete