Monday, August 16, 2010

Cook on deck


Brother, Randy, as he works up some grub - fresh butchered pork steaks - on his charcoal grill and new deck.

I decided it was time to go visit my brother at his new place in Pierron, IL. His girlfriend, Kathy, and I met at her place in Salem in late afternoon, and we headed to Randy's. On the way, she showed me the sites of her life in town and I enjoyed hearing her planning with an eagerly awaiting Randy on her mobile phone. It would be his first hosting just us three and he was determined to impress.

And he did. Before the meal began, Kathy and I made one last trip to a local restaurant where we purchase three slices of mile-high pie, two chocolate and one banana. When we arrived, Randy gave me the grand tour and did a bit of big-brother posing. Ah, just like the old days.


View from outside.


Look, green beans on the stove!


Randy gettin' all militia on me.

Dinner was great though I had little room left for the whole mile-high slice. Afterward, we sat out on the new deck and chilled. I stayed overnight with Kathy at her place in Salem, about an hour east. Next morning, we had a good chat long enough to take us 'til lunch on my way home.

Thanks, both, for the great time. I look forward to doing it again.


Hangin' on the deck, we saw some of Randy's "pet bunnies" in the yard. And a handy photo of Kathy and I at a Mexican restaurant Wednesday morning.

3 comments:

  1. Love seeing all these pix from your stateside trip :) Also glad you are posting again after your break - I missed seeing you "virtually"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed seeing & hearing about Randy...& Kathy. Brings back lots of memories.
    Love & Prayers
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Shiela-- i was just thinking yesterday that I missed hearing about you. I'm glad the visit with Randy went so well!

    ReplyDelete