Sunday, July 18, 2010

Nashville Bungalow


I couldn't post about my vacation without making mention of the Big Bungalow, where I stayed one night between Atlanta and Illinois. After having a nice visit with my hygienist and dentist Tuesday morning - not to mention thorough cleaning - I was on my way to Nashville.


It was a comfy bed and great breakfast with quiche and fruit, run and owned by a woman named Ellen, originally from New York. A lovely host who loved this city, her cozy B&B, right off I-24, was filled with an eclectic mix of art - both parents having been artists - and furniture.

It included three cozy rooms, a sizable sitting area and kitchen plus a sort of covered back porch which I believe she opened up to entertainers, when it wasn't too hot weather. After arriving and settling a bit, I headed to a restaurant area downtown. I dined, nowhere special, but with a terrace view of pedestrians and live jazz for entertainment.

The front porch was a perfect place for meditative study over coffee. Finally, guests were seated family style around the dining table. I met there a couple formerly living and working in India in the area of sustainable development - a bit like the story in Three Cups of Tea - now living and working from California.

An altogether well-worth-it stop - much needed rest at the least, a new friend between here and there to be sure.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful little spot! Wish we could have joined you :) The couple from India sounds fascinating, I bet they had great stories to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place! I especially love that bathroom! :)

    ReplyDelete