Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Finally, fiets! And more...

Thanks to Nico for all the photos below!

A real beauty!

Ok, so here she is, my little beauty. You have a good look at her from this angle.


You see here how my lower right leg is held fast using the straps across the leg and feet. This is needed because of the little coordination I have overall in my leg. Over time, and without this feature, my leg gets overtired and begins to rub against the chain (ouch). This way, I can bike for-ever or at least for 45 minutes! The right-hand photo shows how my cane is held in place and the roomy basket on back.


Cool-yo! Nijntje (pronounced nine-cha) flag. If you don't know about this most famous childhood konijn character, check it out.


Of course, I've marked my territory. Looks diggin', don't it?

Bovist baken

You asked, so here it is: how we prepped the puffball for eating. After peeling, the color and texture resembles tofu.


You know, egg, flour, salt and, last but not least, freshly-grated Parmesan cheese.


The final results. Gorgeous crispy yumminess!


You just can't go wrong with frying anything, toch?

More than a ride in the woods

What a cutie pie, right? I think this is a porcupine who was crossing our path.





Pragtig!

2 comments:

  1. Look at that bad ass biker mamma! ;) Love the OBX sticker - natch!
    That porcupine is SOOOOO cute, omg. And I do believe you found a smurf village with that red mushroom - lol! The puffball dinner looks awesome… good thing Nico knows his plants so you knew you could have that huh? Well waht am I saying, you probably knew that too. Me - I'd pick the poison one… DOH! Looks like the dogs enjoyed their swim too. Glad to see things are going well and you are enjoying the outdoors! Love - S :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Itlooks like you're having wonderful weather and are taking advantage of every second of it before it gets all dreary again. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the porcupine and OBX sticker. I love the color of your bike, too. Very hip. :)

    ReplyDelete