Sunday, July 17, 2011

Risotto

Last night for dinner, I made this really good risotto for the first time ever using the recipe at the following link. I wanted something as a side to my green beans and breaded oven fish.

It took 20 minutes from the moment of first stir to the last, but the instructions (see link) were practically flawless. The trick is patience, and once the risotto gets cooking, turn on medium low and keep stirring to keep from sticking (unless you have a non-stick pan). I used a normal tablespoon from the drawer for stirring. It was best at keeping the rice pieces off the sides and in the pot to cook.


This was, bar none, one of the best dishes of anything I've ever made. Of course, I was probably just a bit prideful 'cause it was made from scratch and not a box!

I chose to use bits of mushroom, two cloves garlic and a small onion. Threw a few green beans, just for color, into the broth. The white wine really makes it have the smell of real risotto, of course. At the end, I threw in a few fresh chopped sprigs of mint and oregano. It was good even without the parmesan but I felt obligated to add it, especially since I had it ready in the fridge.

Cheers, Rhonda

1 comment:

  1. So you'll handle the side dishes next time you visit then ;) Looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete